Ark: Survival Ascended Confirms Xbox Release Date, But It’s Bad News For PlayStation Users
It looks like Xbox users will be getting their hands on Survival Ascended before PlayStation users.
- Xbox users can expect Ark: Survival Ascended to be released on November 14th with crossplay and new servers included.
- PlayStation users will have to wait for a release date, but cross-platform with Steam and Xbox will be enabled on day one.
- Studio Wildcard has released a record number of patches to address performance issues in the Unreal Engine 5 remaster of the game.
DUALSHOCKERS VIDEO OF THE DAY
In Studio Wildcard’s latest Community Crunch post, the Ark: Survival Ascended developer revealed further details on the game’s console release date.
Xbox Series X|S users can expect Ark: Survival Ascended to be released on Tuesday, November 14th, while PlayStation users will reportedly have to wait until the end of the month as Studio Wildcard is awaiting the exact release date to be finalized by Sony. According to the announcement, the upcoming Xbox version of Ark: Survival Ascended will be “up-to-spec with the latest PC functionality as of Nov 14, and will launch directly into crossplay with the PC version (along with new servers, including Xbox-only servers)”.
READ MORE:Ark: Survival Ascended Might Have Mixed Reviews, But It’s Actually Very Popular
As for PlayStation users awaiting the release of Ark: Survival Ascended, Studio Wildcard says it understands the lack of a release date isn’t ideal, but hopes to share a firm date “very soon”.
It looks like there are also some other major changes in store for console users, as the release date announcement also included details on changes to cross-platform settings and console servers. Details of which can be found below:
- Cross-platform with Steam will be enabled Day One.
- We’ll be onlining a new set of Official Servers for the respective game modes (PVP, PVE, and Small Tribes). These servers will be running boosted rates for a period of time to allow players starting on them to catch up. Our hope is to synchronize the rates by mid-December.
- We’ll also be onlining our first set of console-specific servers at this moment so that players who do not want to play on crossplay can play on those
- Cross-platform with Steam and Xbox will be enabled Day One
- We’ll be onlining another new set of Official Servers for the respective game modes (PVP, PVE, and Small Tribes). These servers will be running with even higher boosted rates for a period of time to allow players starting on them to catch up. Our hope is to synchronize the rates by mid-December.
- We’ll also be onlining an additional set of console-specific servers with higher rates that will get synchronized by mid-Decembe
Following the launch of Ark: Survival Ascended on Steam late last month, fans blasted the Unreal Engine 5 remaster of Ark: Survival Evolved as “trash” due to its poor optimization. Many players were reporting incredibly low frames, despite their beefy PC specs. To address these issues, Studio Wildcard has said it has released a “record number of patches” this week.
The full patch notes can be found on the Ark website, which includes details on bug fixes, performance improvements, and security improvements.